Join Scout Night is just around the corner now. Here is the latest news and reminders for all Packs:
1. JSN night is Monday, September 10th. You should be working on helpers, developing a unit flier, and checking on facilities for that night.
2. JSN application turn-in is at Panera Bread. Brandon Stokes and Steve Wilson will be at the North Hills Panera Bread (corner of Six Forks and Lassiter Mill Road) from 7:30 to 8:30 PM on Monday, September 10th. Turn-in of completed applications is probably the weakest link in the JSN project. Please don’t leave these completed applications in the trunk of your car for the rest of September.
3. The fliers are back from the printer. If you need fliers for any Pack functions (like the Meet the Teacher events covered next), get in touch with me to set up a pickup of your unit fliers.
4. Meet the Teacher events are this week (see attached spreadsheet). This may be a good bonus recruiting opportunity for your unit. I have spoken and/or emailed all schools in the district about this event. The dates for each school and Packs attending the Meet the Teacher event are listed. Most of the schools did not respond directly to me. If you want to do this event, you will probably need to contact the school unless it has already been approved. If your main feeder school for your Pack is a year round school, Meet the Teacher is not going to work…they have already had them. I suggest you look at attending a September PTA meeting, an open house event, or fall festival at the school.
5. Flat plywood Scouts: There are still two of these left. Let me know if you still want one.
6. JSN unit packets. Not all units have picked up their JSN recruiting packet. Those units can get their packet at Roundtable on Thursday, September 6th at the LDS Church on Six Forks at 7PM.
Impeesa Membership Chairman